20. Voluntary Groups
Age Concern Exeter
Age Concern Exeter has many community services and groups which are available and accessible for anyone over the age of 50 years. Each service has a co-ordinator who will talk with you about your individual needs.
Contact: Corinne Bailey Tel: 01392 202092
Estuary League of Friends
Services for the communities of Topsham, Countess Wear, Clyst St. George, Clyst St. Mary, Ebford and Exton. These include day centre, lunch club (hot two course lunch, twice a week), transport (doctor, hospital, clinic, hairdresser, etc.), nailcutting, befriending, shopping trips, home suppport, bereavement, trips and carers. Also memory cafe, benefit form-filling, house clearances, information service and charity shops.
Contact: Rachel Gilpin Tel: 01392 879009
Have you thought about giving some of your time to help others within the community? Lots of people do so already which is why there are so many activities in Topsham. However, there is always a need for more people to help and some possibilities are listed below:
- Working as a volunteer in one of the charity shops: serving customers, sorting donated goods and books. Call in at the Devon Air Ambulance, Estuary League of Friends or Hospiscare shops to see how you can help.
- Driving people to hospital or elsewhere for appointments or acting as a companion to someone who is living alone and might need help with shopping. Contact Estuary League of Friends.
- Help with the organisation and running of one of the clubs or societies listed in the Directory. This might include minuting meetings, fundraising, assisting with refreshments, etc. Specifically, both the Swimming Pool and Topsham museum are always grateful for more volunteers (see sections 5 and 17).
- Devon Air Ambulance 01392 879285
- Estuary League of Friends 01392 879275
- Hospiscare 01392 876901
- The Volunteer Centre Exeter 01392 202055
- e-mail: email@example.com
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]